Tuesday, August 08, 2006

brief thoughts on passion

I came across this quote. Think about it.

"Sometimes you have to watch somebody love something before you can love it yourself. It is as if they are showing you the way."

My personal definition of "passion" (in a non-sexual way) is caring about something enough to DO something for it/about it. Passion is a path to action. Without action, that could-be passion is just another good intention. This quote is nothing all that profound, but it made me think about passion. I think to say that we're passionate about something should mean that others can watch us and KNOW that we love it...and that our loving it will serve as an inspiration. If passion doesn't inspire, then what is it worth, anyway?

I've been spending a good bit of time in recent weeks trying to pinpoint what I'm truly passionate about. I'm done with good intentions.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've never thought about it quite that way before. Really makes me think about what I think I'm passionate about versus what I do about it. Thanks for the thoughts!!