Sunday, April 24, 2005

A Good Cause

My friends Allison and Laurie Conway are participating in the Breast Cancer 3-Day. This is an organized, fund-raising, 60 mile walk taking place over three days. They are walking in honor of their aunt Judy, a breast cancer survivor, and of my close friend and co-worker, Kristi Kidwell. (Unfortunately, Kristi did not survive her battle. She passed away in December.) I know that many of you have been affected by breast cancer, so I thought you might be interested in hearing more about this event. I have pasted a message from Allison below:

This year, I'll be participating in a very special event called the Breast Cancer 3-Day.
I'll walk 60 miles over the course of three days with thousands of other women and men. The net proceeds will support breast cancer research, education, screening and treatment through the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation and the National Philanthropic Trust Breast Cancer Fund.
I've agreed to raise at least $2,100 in donations. I've set my personal goal at $2,500. So I need your help. Would you please consider making a donation of $60? (That $1 for each mile I'll be walking.) Please take a look at the donation form through the link below and designate the amount that's right for you.
According to the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation, approximately 200,000 American women will be diagnosed with breast cancer this year, and nearly 40,000 will die from the disease. Just a statistic until you put faces and names to it. In the last few years one of those women diagnosed was my Aunt Judy and one of those to die was my roomate's co-worker, Kristi Kidwell. They're why I'm walking so far. To do something bold about breast cancer. I hope that you'll share this incredible adventure with me -- by supporting me in my fundraising efforts.
Thank you in advance for your generosity! Please feel free to forward this to anyone you know who would be interested in donating. Also, if you know anyone in the Dallas area who would like to walk, have them contact me at conway_allison@hotmail.com or join my team using the link below. Thanks again!
Sincerely,
Allison Conway

To visit Allison's donation web-page, and for information about the women they are walking in honor of, click on this link: http://www.the3day.org/faf/r.asp?t=4&i=61807&u=61807-72409230&e=275048095

No comments: