Wednesday, November 15, 2006

I'll take the Botox, the Brow Lift, and a side of Vaginal Reconstruction

There’s a new fad in the medical world, folks. Hymenoplasty. It’s actually been around for some time (although it’s news to me), but the popularity of the procedure is growing with fervor. Broken hymen, ladies? Well, here’s a new one for ya!

Apparently, women are taking advantage of this technology to attain a second chance at “virginity”. I put VIRGINITY in quotes because equating the concept of sexual purity with whether or not you happen to have an intact hymen is asinine. What a joke. If you’re TRULY concerned about your sexual purity, then surely you would understand that a little piece of skin really has nothing to do with it at all. I experience so many simultaneous emotions when considering all the ramifications of this subject…I don’t even know where to begin in expressing them.

This article (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05349/622923.stm) is almost a year old, but it covers a variety of different views on this matter. The quote…"It's the ultimate gift for the man who has everything," makes me want to vomit. And if you don’t understand all the reasons WHY it makes me want to vomit, then my explaining it to you would make no difference at all; you will never get it.

Spicing up a marriage? Wear some nasty lingerie. Experiment. Role play. Lose the baby weight and get more exercise. See a sex therapist. But please don’t resort to having your vagina surgically altered just so that it feels good for your husband….just ONE more time. If this is what he needs, then your problems are much bigger than you realize.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn. I really wasted my money this time.

Anonymous said...

Unbelievable.

Yet there are people in this world with NOTHING.

We can be so trivial sometimes.

And for me? I'll pass on that, thanks. As tempting as it sounds..

Anonymous said...

Pardon me while I excuse myself to go and hurl into my hat.

Anonymous said...

I didn't particularly enjoy the sensation of losing it the FIRST time. The idea of paying money to go through that again, on top of the discomfort of surgery? PASS.