Friday, May 06, 2005

Don't Be a Creepy Guy--Part 3

Sadly, this one took place in a grocery store, too. What is it about refrigerated foods that makes a man innapropriate?

Me: Searching for a selection of chicken. Minding my own business. Wearing a shirt with two large, embroidered stars just above the left breast (my breast...not the chicken's breast).

Him: Mid-forties goob. Standing stationary and alone at the end of an aisle. Strangely unoccupied. Hands in pockets. Staring blankly at me.
Looks intently in the general direction of the stars and says to me, "Are you a super-star, or are you a police deputy?", then breaks into obnoxious laughter.

Me: Feeling awkward as ass...not sure how to respond. "Well, I'm not a deputy...." I hear myself emit an unsure, forced laugh.


The man continues to stare and laugh. I break eye contact as quickly as possible and walk in the other direction....the man still laughing as I break into a run.....

No comments: