Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Yeah, so, my neighbor and I had a charming conversation this morning in our underwear.

Just when I think maybe I AM kinda sorta of the smart type, I go and do something stupid. Needing to drop some items in the mailbox, I stepped out onto the porch in my jammies. My roomate's Down Syndrome-stricten kitty runs out whenever given the chance, so I pulled the door to the jamb as I exited to keep him inside. Unfortunately, I pulled too efficiently. The damn thing locks automatically, and I immediately realized what I had done. Ironically, we used to keep a spare key (for this very reason) on the porch. But two weeks ago, our house was robbed, and we rethought the idea.

When spouting explictatives didn't seem to be helping, I had to make a plan. The only one that seemed logical was to wake up my neighbor to use his phone. We all know that our pajamas aren't often presentable to the public. If they were, they wouldn't be pajamas at all. Today wasn't as bad as normal. My main concern was my see-through pajama pants. No, they aren't SUPOSSED to be see-through. They're just old and worn and SUPER comfy in their tissue-paper thinness. So, I rang the neighbor's bell....barefooted, hair unbrushed, and my cartoony panties in complete, unsheilded view. Having been awakened, the (very) cute neighbor was in similar shape with a pair of boxers. We both pretended not to feel awkward as we talked for the first time ever in his living room. I don't know whether to be thankful or regrettful that I hadn't worn my lace nightie to bed....maybe I could have gotten a free breakfast out of it.

No comments: