Tuesday, May 02, 2006

I'm just a step away from support hose and Wheel of Fortune

In a little over a month, I'll be turning 27. Yikes!! That number sounds so old. Old and....insignificant. 27 is MUCH closer to 30 than 26 is. 26 is hanging out right after 25, and that seems pretty cool, still. 27... not so much. I keep discussing the big two-seven with people lately, and I'm becoming completely paranoid about my age. I'm starting to freak out a little bit, actually. Don't even get me started on the "I'm still not married and have produced no offspring" issue.

Signs that I'm Getting Old:

1. Those "laugh lines" don't think it's funny anymore. For the first time ever, I cracked open a jar of anti-wrinkle cream last night. I think I heard the sorrowful sound of the violin as I applied it. It was a sad moment. But, I figured it can't hurt, right? It's the good stuff, too. $125 a pop. (got it for free, by the way.) Maybe if it works on my face, I'll try it on my butt, too. Just as a precaution.
2. My feet began hurting my first day in New York...and that was almost 2 weeks ago. Shouldn't a good foot soak have worked by now?
3. I recently spent a good 3 hours with a group of fraternity boys (long story), and all but one of them insisted on calling me "m'am" the entire time. The "but one" did flirt with me quite a bit, though, so that should count for something. I thought about making out with him just to boost my self esteem, but in the end decided against it.
4. Going home on a Friday night is now far more appealing than going out to socialize.
5. As time goes by, I grow to like Simon and Garfunkel more and more.
6. I use expressions like "Yikes!".

7. I distinctly remember referring to a guy (who was probably 5-6 years older than myself) as a "nice young man" last week. And I didn't say it to be funny.
8. I get really excited about eating spinach.
9. If I'm around anyone who's under the age of 23, I feel the need to counsel them about their life choices even when they don't ask for my advice.
10. My day feels incomplete without coffee and at least one viewing of the national news.
11. If I go a night without at least 6 hours of sleep, I'm dragging ass the next day.
12. I make moany noises when getting up off the floor.
13. When in public, if I see a kid misbehaving, I give her the evil eye when her mommy isn't looking.
14. When someone suggests dining at Picadilly, I'm totally up for it.



If anyone catches me playing The Weather Channel just for the benefit of the music, please just go ahead and put me out of my misery.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love it! And I TOTALLY agree! Why is it 27 freaks me out so much?? You go first- let me know how it is. :)