Friday, May 19, 2006

Piggly Wiggly's Star Employee of the Week (or something similar)

I have amazing friends. Truly...you're all amazing. And the most amazing part of the amazingnessism is that you're all amazing in your own ways. Each and every one of you has a unique character and spirit that inspires me...displays talents and abilities that take my breath away...shares love that makes my life mean something. From time to time I mention you, either by name or reference, in this blog. I should do it more often, perhaps. I'm doing it today.

To the left, under "Links", you'll see one titled Blank Canvas. This one is authored by my dear pal Corey. If you've never looked at his page, you should. Corey and his beautiful wife, my beautiful friend Kristen (who will be signing a record deal in no time, I'm sure), have moved to New York City (I've mentioned this before) to exercise their talents. They have more collective talent, by the way, than any two people should be allowed to have. No wonder God cut some of us short....SOME people got it all. Not that I'm bitter or anything.

Corey is in pursuit of anything related to music, dance, or thespianism (is that a word?). He WILL make it, just so you know. I don't know how or when or by what means, but he will make it. I must point a little spotlight at the most recent entry on his page. He has listed all of the upcoming auditions he's planning on attending. I'm in awe of his courage. Yes, Corey....I'm in awe.

However, I have to say that I AM experiencing a little bit of a gag reflex at the posting of one of your model friends' pictures on your page, though. You're pretty enough on your own...you don't need to exaggerate it by bragging that you hang out with pretty people. And are we really expected to believe that these guys have names like "Jono" and "Brown" and "Apollo"? ( I swear, Corey...if you change your name to something hip and pansy, I'll never speak to you again. I put up with a lot from you, but that's where I draw the line. ) I met some of Corey's model buddies and I have to admit that, despite their ridiculous made-up names, they were actually very down to earth. I had some fairly intense conversations with a few of them. Pretty and hair-product laden or not, there aren't many guys that I could discuss crying with. So, for that, I offer acceptance. Tolerance, anyway.

My intended point, which I have so successfully lost in meaningless details, was that Corey's pursuit of his dream is something that I am chosing to learn from. We should choose to learn from it. We may not be able to hit all the high notes or do jazz hands with flawless flare, but we've all got our own strengths and talents. If he can risk busting his ass on a stage (not that he will), then I'm positive that there are risks we should all be taking for our chance at our own versions of stardom. All I need now are 3 bowling pins, a jar of rubber cement, a damp towel, a trained zebra and a stripper's pole....and I'll be on my way.

No comments: