Wednesday, May 31, 2006

I've had so much to say lately....just no time to say it. Not here, anyway. Blog, my love....I miss you.

Yes, so, I'm starting a new job tomorrow. Everyone keeps asking me if I'm excited. My answer every time has been a non-hesitant "no". I'm not caught in the antithesis of excited....I'm not dreading this new position. I don't think I feel anything about it at all at this point. You know how your body defaults to shock when the nerve endings detect a certain level of physical pain? Fascinating (and appreciated) nature-made protection device. Well, I think I'm in emotional shock. My body is allowing me to feel no emotion so that the culmination of it all won't finish me off. Remember my not-so-long-ago complaint about my crying overages? Well, amazingly, I haven't shed a tear in 6 weeks or so. I could get used to this.

The feeling will return before long. The numbness will begin to fade, and then I'll just feel all tingly for a while, and before I know it....all will be back to normal. Even if it doesn't, I'm sure I'll have reports from this....yet another.... new career venture. What is this---like number 35??

No comments: