Friday, February 04, 2005

Doubly Irritating

I have more than one set of twins in my life. Love them. Great people. But they're a strange breed...for many reasons. For example, ever notice how, whenever meeting a new group of people, they feel the need to tell the story of their birth(s) and childhood(s) as if anyone actually cares? Do they really need to point out all their likenesses and differences? If someone asks..."Hey...are you guys twins?", then there certainly would be no harm in answering. But, why elaborate? Can't they identify a question that is asked rhetorically simply in an effort to be friendly?

It would be like my brother and I entering a room together and making a big deal out of our siblinghood.

"Yes, we ARE brother and sister. Crazy, huh? Which one's older?.....He is. Yeah, by four years. Just barely, though. Our mom didn't even know I'd be coming along later. She was in labor for a full 36 hours.....combined.....with the both of us. I was 7 lbs, 9oz and he was 8lbs, 5oz. Nope, we didn't look a thing alike when we were born. We were so stinkin adorable, though. People would always comment on our outfits. No, we didn't wear matching clothes. My first word was vegetable, his was dog. Funniest thing...he hated me from the get-go. Yeah, it was hilarious. I'm the narcicist, he's the pathological liar. We're both alcoholics, though. He IS taller than me, yeah. Crazy stuff."

Point being....who would give a rat's ass? No one! Being a twin doesn't change that!



Speaking of twins, I read today that Jon Lovitz is a twin. How disturbing is it to know that there's more than one of him out there?



No comments: